[whups] Assigning permissions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Feb 7 11:40:08 PST 2006

Quoting Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>:

> I think that seeing only a single checkbox with no description next to
> it (for Assign/Update) was confusing me, until I realized that it was
> just a boolean choice.  Versus the Edit page, which allows you to
> Show/Read/Edit/Delete.
>
> Speaking of which, is it described in the docs anywhere what each of
> those permissions actually do?  For example, how do Show and Read
> differ?  Does Edit allow a user to add comments, or actually update the
> ticket (change state, priority, etc)?  I don't see a "ticket delete"
> button, so what does that really let you do?

Only admins can delete tickets. The rest is a little obscure in that
Edit for an authenticated user means they can update the ticket, for a
guest it just means creating tickets and commenting.

Jan just added the ability to write app-specific perms help text; if
you wanted to contribute some for Whups based on your experiences
that'd be great.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships