[whups] Assigning permissions

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Tue Feb 7 12:55:48 PST 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>:
>
>> I think that seeing only a single checkbox with no description
>> next to
>> it (for Assign/Update) was confusing me, until I realized that it was
>> just a boolean choice.  Versus the Edit page, which allows you to
>> Show/Read/Edit/Delete.
>>
>> Speaking of which, is it described in the docs anywhere what each of
>> those permissions actually do?  For example, how do Show and Read
>> differ?  Does Edit allow a user to add comments, or actually
>> update the
>> ticket (change state, priority, etc)?  I don't see a "ticket delete"
>> button, so what does that really let you do?
>
> Only admins can delete tickets. The rest is a little obscure in that
> Edit for an authenticated user means they can update the ticket, for a
> guest it just means creating tickets and commenting.

Ah, context.  You should be a perl programmer.  ;-)

Can you clarify the difference between Show and Read?  I suspect that
Show gives a user the ability to search for tickets and view the
results, but they would need Read permissions to view the history.

> Jan just added the ability to write app-specific perms help text; if
> you wanted to contribute some for Whups based on your experiences
> that'd be great.

I'll take a look at it, thanks.

--
Jason Dixon