[wicked] using the diffs to recreate a page

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 3 01:50:11 PDT 2004

Zitat von Barsalou <barjunk at attglobal.net>:

> The issue is like Jason said.  If the page was deleted then all versions
> are lost.  You may have a backup, but not for every page....this is
> where the mail comes in.
>
> So let's say you back up the Wiki once a day...not unreasonable.
> However, someone accidentally deletes a page during the day.  You would
> be able to restore from yesterday, but would be missing any pieces that
> happened today. This is where you would use the E-mails to possibly
> rebuild the page that was deleted.
>
> Personally, I would like to see the pages "marked" as deleted, then run
> a separate "admin only" process that would clean the database out.  This
> would avoid the problems listed above.

 From Jason's vague comment I guess he is questioning if pages should be
deleted at all. And I think this is an interesting approach, we could mark
a page as deleted as you suggested, and that's it.

Though there might be two issues: One might really want to delete a page
permanently, for example because it contains spam or offense. And we need a
way to handle the case when a new page with the same name gets created some
time later.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/