[wicked] using the diffs to recreate a page

Barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 18:44:51 PDT 2004

The issue is like Jason said.  If the page was deleted then all versions
are lost.  You may have a backup, but not for every page....this is
where the mail comes in.

So let's say you back up the Wiki once a day...not unreasonable.
However, someone accidentally deletes a page during the day.  You would
be able to restore from yesterday, but would be missing any pieces that
happened today. This is where you would use the E-mails to possibly
rebuild the page that was deleted.

Personally, I would like to see the pages "marked" as deleted, then run
a separate "admin only" process that would clean the database out.  This
would avoid the problems listed above.

Of course, I have no idea how hard this is to do in practice, so I may
be asking for the world here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike B.
--