[wicked] Different text formats

Paul M Jones pmjones at ciaweb.net
Thu Sep 16 10:17:05 PDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

>> 2) Introduce "Books". My concept of a book is that of a compilation
>> of individual pages: each page is one section (or subsection) of the
>> book. My (still very preliminary) plan is to implement these kind of
>> books as a new page of type "book". However this book page does not
>> contain the content itself but only a tree like structure with
>> references to other wiki pages. So you can create books as a
>> hierarchical collection of Wiki pages. You have to provide a special
>> editor (kind of tree edit) and renderer of course, but otherwise you
>> can utilise all the benefits from a standard wiki page.
>
> Cool idea!

Sounds similar to the YaWiki <http://yawiki.com> idea of an AreaMap ...
you may wish to look at it for ideas on how to implement it within
Wicked.  Here's a sample AreaMap from a YaWiki sandbox:

     http://wiki.ciaweb.net/yawiki/index.php?area=Sandbox&page=AreaMap

YaWiki uses it to build navigational elements, but I'm sure its use
could be extended to cover other things.  No special editing tool is
needed; each line is a page name, and the number of spaces at the
beginning of the line indicates the sub-page depth.

--

Paul M. Jones

Savant: the simple alternative to Smarty for PHP.
http://phpsavant.com/

DB_Table: build RDBMS tables and XHTML forms in one PHP class.
http://wiki.ciaweb.net/yawiki/index.php?area=DB_Table

Yawiki: a collaborative online documentation system.
http://yawiki.com/

Yawp: a single-file foundation for PHP applications.
http://phpyawp.com/