[wicked] attachments support

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Nov 18 07:35:18 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:03:26AM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Vijay Mahrra <vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net>:
>
> >what are the plans for attachment support in wicked?  at present it's
> >possible
> >to upload attachments to pages, but as far as i can tell it's only possible
> >to view image attachments in the page's wiki markup.  if i'm mistaken
> >please
> >tell me how.
> >
> >i want to be able to list attached files on the page and link them and
> >don't
> >mind writing some more patches provided we can agree on a way that this
> >should be done.
> >
> >at the moment we have
> >
> >[[image filename.jpg]]
> >
> >so i suppose we should have
> >
> >[[file filename.jpg]]
> >
> >or something?
>
> This has been discussed in the past, and the idea is to store the mime type
> together with a page in the wiki. This way we could have text/wiki for wiki
> pages, text/rest for reST formatting etc., or any type/subtype mime type
> that is supported by one of Horde's/Wicked's mime drivers.
>
> Jan.

To clarify, my thinking is that attachments go away once we can have pages
with any content type.  It seems more like the Wiki Way.  (ESR also talks
about programming by removing features until the program is perfect <g>).

Vijay, check out wicked's README if you haven't already.  I've put a lot of
stuff in there about what Wicked 1.0 will look like.  None of it is set
in stone and none of it is meant to discourage people from contributing
anything else, but it is an excercise in sort of visualizing the goal as
a whole.

I'm also getting feedback from users that they don't like wiki markup
(one is pretty disgusted--"everything else is WYSIWYG nowadays, why do I
have to deal with CODES?").  I don't think I want to slip it into 1.0,
but I'd like to see WYSIWYG editing in it, too.

By the way, I committed your patches and the wicked.php script.  Thanks!

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>