[ansel] XPPublish working?

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Tue Jan 20 21:46:10 PST 2004

I found my problem with the Fatal Error and XP Publishing.  It seems
that I had managed to create a permission (via
Administration->Permissions) that was stopping XP Publish from working.

You have to have at least Show checked under "Guest Permissions" for it
to work.  All the rest can be blank and it still works.  I even tried
setting Show under "Default Permissions" and it didn't work.

I tracked it down to a failure on line  22 of  ansel/lib/base.php:
        if (is_a($registry->pushApp('ansel'), 'PEAR_Error')) {
It's just not returning an error page that XP could display to the user
indicative of lack of permission to publish.  Looking at the pushApp()
function in ../lib/Registry.php and it's failing the check on line 876-877:
        if (!Auth::isAdmin() && $GLOBALS['perms']->exists($app) &&
            !$GLOBALS['perms']->hasPermission($app, Auth::getAuth(),
PERMS_SHOW)) {

Can anyone else reproduce the problem?  Is this the intended behaviour
(especially concerning XP Publish)?  If so, no biggie, but it's good to
know and have it archived in the list.   I realize that some of these
pieces of Ansel are still in heavy development, but just wanted to share
my findings.

heath

P.S.  There's a small typo on line 878 of horde/lib/Registry.php.  The
debug message should be SHOW and not READ.