[ansel] XPPublish working?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 22 19:31:53 PST 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> I found my problem with the Fatal Error and XP Publishing.  It seems
> that I had managed to create a permission (via
> Administration->Permissions) that was stopping XP Publish from working.
>
> You have to have at least Show checked under "Guest Permissions" for it
> to work.  All the rest can be blank and it still works.  I even tried
> setting Show under "Default Permissions" and it didn't work.

This is actually a pretty sticky problem and it goes well beyond Ansel, so I'm
cc:ing the dev list.

Basically, now that we check permissions in Registry::pushApp(), is a permission
is set that doesn't allow guests access to an app, system level scripts - like
the Klutz fetching script, the Whups reminder script, and Ansel's XPPublish
that handles login by itself - will all fail.

We used to get around that by setting a $noauth or $self_contained_auth
variable. Maybe we need to add a second parameter to pushApp() that tells it
not to check permissions?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."