[ansel] Patch to convert Ansel to the PHP native exif functions

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Thu Jan 22 06:36:27 PST 2004

Ben Chavet wrote:

>> - supports pretty labels for the fields
>

> Can you change this code to use gettext and re-submit it? ie. instead of
> 'DateTime' => 'Image Taken', use 'DateTime' => _("Image Taken").  This
> is used
> for language translation.

Sure thing...  And I even remember reading that in the CODING-STANDARDS
doc, I just didn't think about it when actually writing the code.

>> - requires PHP >= 4.2.0 compiled with exif support
>

> is there a way to test for this and select it if compiled in?  Or
> should we make
> it a  conf.php option for the admin?

What version of PHP is required for the entire Horde CVS tree right
now?  I thought it was at least 4.2.0.  I'd think that a conf option
would be better than version detection.  You need to have 4.2.0 compiled
with exif support...  Let the admin decide instead of muddying up the
code with version detection and the like.  That's my opinion anyway.

heath