[ansel] Patch to convert Ansel to the PHP native exif functions

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Thu Jan 22 08:16:27 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:
>
>> Since I've been working on the EXIF stuff, I'll take a stab at
>> normalizing the existing code to make it compliant with my rewrite.
>> I'll also add the test for the native function.
>

> Sounds great - thanks!

Okay, here's what I'm doing, let me know if it's going to be a pain in
the ass to integrate the changes.

1) move the Exifer code from Exif.php to Exifer.php
2) move the EXIF field code (currently in
/templates/view/exif-image.inc) to a single template include
(/templates/image/exif.inc)
3) make the general call get_exif_data() which will determine whether to
call the Exifer code or the native function
    a) for the call to Exifer functions, recollapse the result from a
multi-dimensional array to a single array and return false if no exif
data is found (mirroring the native function behaviour)
4) create a new template file (/templates/image/exif-view.inc) for
displaying the exif data in a standalone window (replacing the previous
/templates/image/exif.inc)
5) modify exif-image.inc to call the new field code template file and
create a 3 column table with the resulting data

heath