[ansel] help with IE 5.5

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 22 08:27:17 PST 2004

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

>> Can anyone else reproduce problems with IE 5.5 and Ansel? Any suggestions?
>
> Suggestion: Upgrade IE :)

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to remotely hack into my friends and
relatives machines to do so. ;)

Also, I now have two confirmed cases of this happening on IE 6.0. The text on
the gallery list pages load fine, but only a few of the gallery thumbnails
display; even some of the system images (parent.gif, etc.) sometimes don't
load. Then if you go into a gallery none of the thumbnails show up.

Definitely seems like it's something related to concurrent connections or
keepalive, but damned if I can figure out what. Also, interestingly, one person
having this problem tried my old galleries, which just generate regular-old
image links, and had the same problem - despite there being no thumbmails.

Maybe IE wants to be able to cache things?

> Seriously, though.  Are you running a secure server?  If so, there is
> an apache directives that I use for IE that I've never had problems with:

The server has SSL available, but I'm not routing people through that for the
public photos. I tried this in both the SSL and non-SSL configs, though, and so
far the same problem (in addition to some BrowserMatch ones I was playing with
yesterday).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."