[ansel] Notification of new postings?

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Sat Apr 10 14:52:58 PDT 2004

> Is there an existing module in Horde that can be used to handle sending
> email notifications of new postings (images) to a gallery?  Something
> that could be queued up to send out emails once a day if there are new
> postings (to avoid blasting someone with emails for each individual
> image posted)... maybe with some configurable options for how to send
> out the messages?
>
> If not, is there something close that I might be able to rework to fit
> the task?  I'm guessing that there might be something in Agora for this,
> but I haven't used it much so I wouldn't even know where to look.

That's an interesting idea.  I would have never thought of it.

I'm not aware of any code that does this, but I'm not incredibly familiar with
most of the horde codebase.  I'd recommend looking into agora and jonah,
possibly even the "Sign up if not registered" code that emails the admin.

Hope that helps.

--Ben