[ansel] Ansel::listGalleries()

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Tue May 11 12:10:26 PDT 2004

> I'm just trying to think ahead as far as possible, so we don't have to go
> through this process again.

One other thing to keep in mind is that if you do implement the image
bucket concept, that you'll have to track the gallery position of the
image as an attribute because the datatree_order field will potentially
be meaningless (depends on if you are going to allow a single image to
be in multiple galleries or not).  I'd suggest storing it as a paired
value with the gallery (gid:pos) thereby allowing a user to position an
image anywhere within a given gallery.  I'll have to rewrite the
reording page, but that should be simple enough.  I'd just replace the
setOrder() call with a new function in lib/Gallery.php that would have
the same effect.

Do you intend to allow a user to have the same image in multiple
galleries?  If so, it might be useful to have a new page for viewing all
images in a users image-bucket.  That would be where the user could
actually delete the actual image.  Any deletion from a gallery would
just remove the link and not the actual image (thereby avoiding the
reference count issue).  This way you could upload a bunch of images and
then later arrange them into galleries without having to first assign
them to a gallery.  The image-bucket page could use micro-size
thumbnails (1/2 size of normal thumbs?) to allow for lots on the screen
at one time.  And deleting an image from the bucket would automatically
remove all of it's attributes, so there would be no gallery orphans
left, right?

Again, these are just my thoughts... mostly rambles.