[ansel] Patch to add search capability

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 18 07:25:54 PDT 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> Any suggestions to try out on this?  I'm just worried about performance
> impacts as it takes a fair amount of time to do a CONTAINS search on my
> small install...  I don't have even any rough numbers, but I could get
> some if it would make a difference.

Sorry, you lost me. Are you just worried about adding another check, and
decreasing the performance because of that? Or is the CONTAINS searching
related to permissions somehow?

I think what I'd do is after:

         $gallery = $ansel_shares->getShare($galleryName);

... just add a $gallery->hasPermission(Auth::getAuth(), PERMS_READ));
check, and
continue to the next result if not. In fact, I'll try adding this now, since
it'd make sense to add a few other things to help with making sure the
count of
returned images is right. This should be reasonably well cached by the various
backends, and if not, we can optimize it in there somewhere.

-chuck