[ansel] Patch to add search capability

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Tue May 18 08:04:24 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Sorry, you lost me. Are you just worried about adding another check, and
> decreasing the performance because of that?

Yeah, that was my fear...

> Or is the CONTAINS searching
> related to permissions somehow?

Now, the CONTAINS is just a slow search because it's a MySQL regex
search.  I was just afraid that adding the permissions checking would
add more cycles to the mix and make it really crawl.

> I think what I'd do is after:
>
>         $gallery = $ansel_shares->getShare($galleryName);
>
> ... just add a $gallery->hasPermission(Auth::getAuth(), PERMS_READ));
> check, and
> continue to the next result if not. In fact, I'll try adding this now,
> since
> it'd make sense to add a few other things to help with making sure the
> count of
> returned images is right. This should be reasonably well cached by the
> various
> backends, and if not, we can optimize it in there somewhere.

Great.  Let me know when you have it added and I'll checkout the latest
version and see what it does on my system.