[ansel] lib/Gallery.php patch for date-uploaded change

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Wed May 19 07:26:51 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:
>
>> Just curious, but why would you want to change them?  The timecode is
>> more compact to store.  I only wanted to change the image date-uploaded
>> so that it was searchable by the user using standard values.
>

> I don't see why the argument is different for the different dates. You
> could
> search a timestamp just fine, too, if you bothered to convert user input
> properly. And it's just asking for trouble to have dates stored by the
> same
> application in different formats.

I don't agree.  In the case of fields that are user searchable it would
be impossible to convert a substring search query into a matching
timecode value.  You'd have to return all the images in Ansel and then
convert the timestamps before doing the search.

But I do see your point about the different formats.  If it's consistent
then you don't have to worry about what field you are looking at and
what the format of it is.

>> P.S.  How do I add a help page that would contain instructions for
>> searching (format of the fields, and some examples)?
>

> Add the entry to help.xml, then add help links to it. See pretty much
> anywhere
> for examples.

I found that, but is there a list of the valid markup allowed in that
file anywhere?  I want to either put in a list or a table, but <ul>
doesn't work.