[ansel] Setting image order (datatree_order) on upload

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Fri Jun 11 09:48:39 PDT 2004

Okay, I tried once before to submit a patch to set the image order on
upload, but it was rejected (I guess because I put it in the addImage()
of the gallery).

Can someone recommend another central location where I can put this that
will work?  If I put it in the image constructor, I don't have access to
the value (the numImages of the gallery) to be able to properly set it.
I don't want to put it in a bunch of places in the image.php and
xppublish.php files as that just doesn't make sense to me.  Anyone have
any other suggestions on how to do this.  Right now, it's broken in that
when you upload an image it doesn't get an order value so it's display
position is undetermined (read: random).  And when you go to the reorder
page I had it just assign a value based on a counter that started at 1.
It's not really all that easy to change the reorder page to assign an
order based on the last assigned order as that's not tracked anywhere
and it'd have to loop through the entire array once just to determine
the starting value (unless it's possible to do a max(images[]['order'])
that would be able to directly reference the order attribute of all
images in the array).

anyway, I still think that setting the order still belongs on the upload
process.