[ansel] No thumbnails in Ansel

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jul 16 03:17:09 UTC 2008

Quoting Frederic Naud <admin at naud.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a relatively new user of Horde, I've been using it for about 6
> months.  I would like to express my gratitude to everyone that
> contributes to the project, it's one great piece of software!  It's
> currently configured with Horde 3.2.1 with the July 1 release of
> Ansel.
>
> My setup includes GD support in PHP but no Imagick Libraries (in
> test.php).  I do, however, have access to the Imagemagick Convert
> application (version 6.0.7).
>
> The convert path has been entered in Horde's configuration.
>
> When I add an image to a gallery in Ansel, no thumbnails are
> created.  However, I am able to download the full image.
>
> Looking at the Horde Log file, I see no errors.  I changed convert's
> path to something incorrect, at which time I then see errors in the
> log file when I add an image to the gallery (error running command).
>  I've removed convert altogether from Horde's configuration and in
> this case I get (Jul 15 19:40:48 HORDE [emergency] [ansel]
> imagejpeg: Non-static method PEAR::raiseError() should not b
> e called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context [pid
> 20626 on line 45 of
> "/abunchofdirectories/horde/ansel/img/prettythumb.php"]) when I add
> an image to the gallery.
>
> But again, with the correct path to convert, I get no error and no
> thumbnail.  Is there something I'm missing?

Nope, not missing anything.  This is due to some code that was
commented out for some testing that inadvertently made it into CVS.
According to the CVS log, it was fixed on 7/9.  For apps that have not
yet been released it's a good idea to update to the latest from cvs or
snapshots when encountering problems such as this as the code can (and
often does) change daily.

Glad you enjoy the software :)

Thanks,
mike