[ansel] remote_import - what to do with duplicate gallery names?

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Sep 7 03:38:01 UTC 2008

> What do we want to do with duplicate gallery names? There's no
> technical reason in Ansel that you can't have multiple galleries
> with the same name, but the current behavior of creating a new
> gallery (with the same name) when you run remote_import on the same
> folder twice is ... probably not what most users would expect. I'm
> not sure what the best thing is, though.

I was thinking of that myself as well.  The only thing I came up with
was maybe to provide a switch to take the folder name as a slug name
and upload any images in that folder to the gallery with that slug, if
it can't find one then create the gallery with the folder name as the
name _and_ the slug (maybe we'd have to perform some magic to make the
folder name "slug-worthy" but...

Of course, what to do if the slug name is already taken by another user etc...

Another option maybe would be to drop some sort of file into the
folder, maybe something like .ansel_id, that contains the gallery id
that the folder was previously uploaded to?  Of course, if you trash
the folder then recreate it you'd lose the binding, but that might not
be a bad idea.

Thanks,
mike

--