[ansel] remote_import - what to do with duplicate gallery names?

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Sep 7 03:45:50 UTC 2008

> What do we want to do with duplicate gallery names? There's no
> technical reason in Ansel that you can't have multiple galleries
> with the same name, but the current behavior of creating a new
> gallery (with the same name) when you run remote_import on the same
> folder twice is ... probably not what most users would expect. I'm
> not sure what the best thing is, though.

...another idea I had was to make these scripts more like how xp
publish works in some ways. Right now, IIRC, you can already specify
the gallery id or slug name of a gallery to use instead of having it
create a new one. What if, if no gallery is specified on the command
line and no --create or similar, you have a list of galleries
displayed to choose from - and maybe once a selection is made, it's
saved in a .ansel_id file as suggested in my previous email.  It might
be a little tricky on the command line with larger gallery lists, or a
really nested structure, but it's another idea to toss around.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)