[ansel] Polaroid style...

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jul 23 21:25:49 UTC 2009

Quoting Ryu <ryu at ryux.org>:

> Le mardi 21 juillet 2009 16:45:29, Michael Rubinsky a écrit :
>> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> > 1) What version of Ansel? 1.0, cvs code?
>> >
>> > 2) What image driver are you using? gd, imagemagick, imagick?
>> >
>> > 3) What image format have you choosen to generate thumbnails in? PNG,
>> > JPG?
>>
>> ... and perhaps most importantly, 4) Have you enabled "pretty
>> thumbnails" in Ansel's setup?
>>

> Well, all is ok the choice of styles... but I have a problem again...
> Borders are yellow, with black background, etc...
>
> I join 2 generated thumbs in link to see the problem, I think that it's a
> transparency problem but why... ? mystery !
>
> http://www.collins.fr/gallery.png
> http://www.collins.fr/view.png
>
> Here is my horde & ansel config :
>
> Linux :  Debian 5.0 Lenny
> Horde version : 3.3.3
> Ansel version : 1.0
> Convert version : ImageMagick 6.3.7 03/20/09 Q16

I would recommend for you to upgrade to Horde 3.3.4. At the very
least, obtain the latest Horde_Image package from the 3.3.4 framework.
There was a considerable amount of work on the Horde_Image package
between 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 - mostly dealing with inconsistencies in how
various versions of imagemagick handle certain things.

> Image driver : imagemagick (/usr/bin/convert in Horde Image Manipulation
> Config). With the field to empty (GD), no polaroid thumb is generated !

Yup. That's expected. There is no support in Horde_Image for much of
that eye candy using GD.

Thanks,
mike

--