[board] Welcome to the Horde Advisory Board (beta)

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jan 17 02:16:41 UTC 2008

Quoting Ben Klang <ben at alkaloid.net>:

> On Jan 10, 2008, at 11:13 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>> The idea for the advisory board is to create a smaller community where
>> Horde developers and users can communicate and to try to make sure
>> that the community is getting what it needs from Horde, and that we as
>> developers are getting what we can from the community.
>
> In my opinion perhaps the best way to achieve this goal is to give
> the Horde Board a bit more structure.  While this mailing list can be
> a very effective tool, without some kind of mandate I believe this
> will turn into something that overlaps with horde-dev.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. "Should this
question/suggestion go to dev@ or board@ or both?" was what I could
envision being asked.  I think that either quarterly telephone or
monthly IRC meetings that have a very loosely structured agenda would
be perfect although I acknowledge that this does add slightly more
complexity as far as logistics go (board members' availability and
time pressures etc...)

Thanks,
mike

--