[Tickets #14798] Manually created address books have broken ActiveSync settings

noreply at bugs.horde.org noreply at bugs.horde.org
Thu Mar 29 17:50:19 UTC 2018


Ticket URL: https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/14798
  Ticket             | 14798
  Created By         | s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
  Summary            | Manually created address books have broken ActiveSync
                     | settings
  Queue              | Turba
  Version            | 4.2.17
  Type               | Bug
  State              | Unconfirmed
  Priority           | 3. High
  Milestone          |
  Patch              |
  Owners             |

s.arcus at open-t.co.uk (2018-03-29 17:50) wrote:

It seems that manually created address books, when automatic share  
creation is disabled, do not work correctly with ActiveSync - even if  
the address book is the only one and set as default in the interface:

1. New contacts created on the server are synced to the device.
2. New contacts on the device are not synced to the server.
3. Amendments to server contacts previously synced on the device, done  
on the device, are synced back to the server.

The ActiveSync support for multiple address books is disabled.It seems  
that there are two fundamental differences between shares created  
automatically and those created manually. Looking at the  
turba_sharesng table, in the attribute_params column:

1. If the auto share creation is disabled, the created shares look  
something like this:


If I set the share as default for the account, it actually adds a  
's:7:"default";b:0' to the above- for some bizarre reason - so it  
actually disables the default value, it seems. It also gets that  
cryptic name, regardless of what I name it in the interface.

2. With the auto share creation enabled, the record looks something like this:

a:3:{s:6:"source";s:8:"localsql";s:7:"default";b:1;s:4:"name";s:25:"jsmith at mycompany.co.uk";}

So the share is set as the default, and it also gets a meaningful name.

It seems to me that something is broken when auto share creation is  
disabled, and address book shares get created with the wrong attributes.

Incidentally, changing "b:0" to "b:1" manually doesn't fix ActiveSync.  
But deleting the manually created address book, enabling auto share  
creation, and allowing it to be automatically recreated does fix things.

I have tested ActiveSync on iPhone 5 and 6, and with TBSync  
Thunderbird extension

More information about the bugs mailing list