[chora] Security Issues

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:22:29 +0100

Luis Martinez wrote:

> I have a working instalation of chora beta, which I
> would like to be used for browsing our whole CVS tree.
> The problem I am facing is that I cannot make a
> per repository module (directory) authentication, since
> I cannot find any directive in apache that manages the
> rt=repository substrings appearing with the vars shown
> in the URL that points to cvs.php.

Ok ... so you want authentication on a per-module basis.  How do you
retrieve the username/passwords of people who are allowed access to a
specific repository?  LDAP / SQL ?

> If not, Is session management planed for chora? If so,
> how is it doing?  May I help on anything?

Well, there's no session management atm, but I could add it in trivially
if it were needed, along with the Horde authentication system.
Depending on the above answer, it may be worthwhile to do as an option,
so that you can authenticate people accessing Chora.

Anil