[dev] Re: [imp] 3 things

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:36:32 -0600 (CST)

> > I agree--there shouldn't be any errors.  Maybe I should just leave
> this off
> > while I am working with the development version, as issues like I
> mentioned
> > come up. It's not a *big* deal, not being able to log out--closing the
> browser
> > is adequate.  But I'm thinking if something ever does go wrong, users
> are sure
> > going to freak out, getting that on their machine instead of a regular
> IMP
> > screen prefaced by at least just a list of errors.  Of course, that
> could be
> > partially related to PHP's method of error reporting.
>
> There's a lot of stuff we need to clean up with respect to error
> reporting, so
> hopefully that'll take care of some of this. Also, if there's a way to
> tell if
> output has been sent, that'd be useful - I don't know of one right now.

Hmmm.  Lemme see if I understand this correctly: to send the compressed data,
the fact that the information is compressed is sent in the header, and the
browser knows what to do with it?  But if an error has been sent before what
should just be displayed (as compressed), the compressed header is not seen by
the browser and therefore is not uncompressed?  Yeah, that'd be a good check, to
know if there are any errors, to know to send the data uncompressed.

> > > Sounds like your stylesheets are broken.
> >
> > Hrrm.  Could this be related to the dynamic css.php (that I don't know
> much
> > about :-))?  Is there a setting in conf.php that I could be missing?
>
> Well... is the stylesheet link being generated correctly? Do you have a
> funky
> setup (aliasing or anything)? Can you access /horde/css.php?app=imp with
> wget or
> something and get a valid stylesheet?

Is there supposed to be a link to the stylesheet?  You know, now that you
mention that, nothing is correct in relation to that: links (such as message
subjects to click on) *are* underlined--I assume those still aren't supposed to
be--etc.  Though if you see below, I don't know where to trace down the
stylesheet problem, unless my config is just screwy.

Here is my setup:

in httpd.conf, for that virtualhost, the DocumentRoot is
/usr/local/apache/share/horde-dev/imp

horde-dev is a symlink to whatever development version of Horde/IMP I'm using,
in this case horde-cvs-head (sometimes I point it to a new CVS of 2.2, before
deploying it)

also in httpd.conf I have aliases for:
 /horde -> /usr/local/apache/share/horde-dev/
 /imp -> /usr/local/apache/share/horde-dev/imp/
 /turba -> /usr/local/apache/share/horde-dev/turba/

So in one sense, that is a bit weird, but nothing more than making IMP the root
of that site, webmail-dev.bbcnet.edu in this case.

Trying the wget trick you mentioned above, I get a valid stylesheet, though I
dunno if it's the right stylesheet.  It's 32 lines long.  It includes these,
umm, dunno the right word, definitions: .deleted, .important, .unseen,
.answered, a.message, a.message:hover, .quoted, and .navigator.  I can send it
if you'd like.

Thanks.

..Keith

--
"I consider this a day well seized.  Tomorrow we'll seize the day AND conquer
it!"  -Calvin, "Calvin and Hobbes"