[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp mailbox.php navigator.php ...

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:36:35 +0000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:50:22AM -0500, Michael Bull wrote:

> What about imap_check?  I've been reading the php IMAP functions to get a
> better understanding of all this; it apparently will return "number of
> recent messages".   Assuming that we're okay with just a pop-up saying
> there is new mail, as opposed to showing the details of it.   Maybe?
> :)  I'm still getting familiar with PHP's IMAP functions, so I guess I'm
> just brainstorming...

That should do it in theory for the mailbox, yeah, since SA_RECENT
is the number of new messages since the last mbox open.  Not for
the navigator unfortunately, since we don't want to do an imap_open
for each folder.

Anil