[dev] LDAP preference storage with 2.3

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:40:11 -0500

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 11:21:08AM -0500, Michael Bull wrote:

> We're going to want to go this way with IMP at our location, so I'd like to
> do more with testing it.   I've started to go through the ldap driver code
> and the  impPrefsObject.ldap, but if someone could provide some default
> configuration info (such as the stuff for conf.php, or any other "defaults"
> I should be aware of for the LDAP server that would be expected) that would
> be great.

Here's what I use here:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'ldap';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'ldap.rit.edu';
$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'o=Rochester Institute of Technology,st=New York,c=US';
$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = '';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '';

> Just going through the schema, I'm wondering if attributes are
> missing.  I'm noticing in the 'allows' field that things like filters and
> some of the newer settings are missing, though I haven't fully got this up
> yet (today's task).

Yes, many attributes are missing from the example schema.  I've been
remiss in keeping it up-to-date with the changes to config/prefs.php.

> Any hints or pointers would be great; I'm happy to submit a patch with the
> updates to the schema as this moves on (I notice it hasn't changed since
> June, unless someone has gotten to it more recently than my CVS...).

That would be very helpful.  Also, if you come across any problems or
efficiency issues with the current LDAP preferences code, I'd be glad
to address them.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology