[dev] FreeBSD package?

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:05:59 -0500

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 09:55:30AM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy (anil@recoil.org) wrote:
> Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:
>
> > While I'm at it, does anyone know about similar with FreeBSD and
> > OpenBSD? I vaguely recall FreeBSD not having a port for the same
> > reason. :-/
> >

> There's no reason why someone who knows IMP can't do the port.  I
> was considering doing an OpenBSD one (it would need some juggling of
> stuff, like config files, but wouldn't be hard).  I'm not familiar
> enough with Free or Net's pkg systems to do theirs though.

The problem, apparently, is making sure that PHP is compiled with the
proper options. (I hope that makes you go "Oh! Right!" because I'm not
sure offhand exactly what the scope of the problem is.) In other
words, dependency tree weirdness.

I suppose we get around this in RPMs by supplying our own PHP, right?
What happens in Debian?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services