[dev] showing images inline

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:02:43 -0500

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:34:20PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Also, I've kind of been thinking lately that the more stuff we rely
> on in PEAR, the more we're susceptible to version mismatches.

That's a good argument.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology

Date: Thu,  1 Mar 2001 16:16:53 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] showing images inline

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> > Also, I've kind of been thinking lately that the more stuff we rely
> > on in PEAR, the more we're susceptible to version mismatches.
>
> That's a good argument.

Well, how far do we want to take it? I think the MIME stuff is going to be
pretty volatile at first, but it might get to the point where it could be
contributed, in which case it'd be nice to do so, but do we just live with it
being in another repository? Or maintain it in both places? Or distribute a
known working version with Horde? Same for Log::, etc...

Some of this might be easier once pear.php.net is launched as intended...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist