Preferences update

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:11:10 -0400

Alright, I'm knee-deep in preferences muck, and I need to take a
break and get to homework done.

I keep running into strange PHP engine problems, though.  All of
a sudden, reference rules seem to have changed under me, and now
it appears that 'static' variables in functions don't want to
remain static.

This may have something to do with my tendency to always run the
latest PHP 4 cvs code, and I don't have time to play with it much
further right now, so could some of you do a little hunting for
me?

Can you tell me if your Prefs::setDefaults() function is running
all the way through on every page load?  In theory, it should
only run through once per login session (managed by that 'static
$completed' variable), but that's no how it's behaving here,
anyway.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology