[dev] License discussion

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:11:16 +0100

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:01:57AM -0400, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> Well, I thought about it, and changing licenses because Stallman and
> Drepper have had a conflict seems absurd. Was there something /in/ the
> GPL and LGPL that makes think we should think about changing licenses?

Just the general ambiguity, and fear of the frothing fanatics that
seem to follow the GPL :-)

Personally, I'd _like_ commercial companies to use whatever poor
code I write.  The GPL does prevent that to a large extent and the
BSD license helps that.

I'm not particularly bothered either way however; I'd rather
expend my energy on code than worrying about licenses.

Anil