[dev] The Identity Name and the User name may be inverted.

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:56:09 +0200

Zitat von Atif <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> Max Kalika wrote:
> > Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>:
> >

> >>I think this can be disregarded with one comment.  The email was sent
> >>correctly. What I see in the from line isn't what is being sent.  No
> problem
> >>now that I know what I'm to expect.
> >>

> > This threw me off at first too.  Maybe the full name should be used instead
> of
> > identity name in the drop-down list?  Jan?
>

> No, please not.
> Please use Identity name or
> Fullname (Identity name)  or
> Fullname <emailaddress> (Identitity name)
>

> I have similar problems with Mozilla Mail client.
> I have two identitities for two accounts/identities.
> WorkMail and PrivateMail.
>
> Both acconts have same Full Name and same Email Address (They have
> different Reply-To: addresses) and a different singnature.
>
> So In my Identity list (Mozilla Mail), I see
> Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>
> Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>

Thats actually the reason why I changed the displayed value from fullname
<email> to indentity <email>.

But you are right: This is somehow irritating. I'm not clear what would be the
best combination to display. As Atif made clear it's important to see the
identity name. I think the email address is important as well. But how can we
display it to make sure that it's not misunderstandable.
What about: Emailaddress (Identity) ?

Jan.