[dev] Re: Problem when adding a record in the addressbook

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:49:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> [Moved over to dev@lists.horde.org]
> I'm wondering why you added a space between the words and the colons:
> -msgstr "Example de valeurs:"
> +msgstr "Exemple de valeurs :"
> -msgstr "Description:"
> +msgstr "Description :"
> etc.?  If that's a legitimate localization issue (i.e., in France they
> always put a space before a colon) then that would be one thing.  But if
> it's a personal preference, I'd rather stay without the space, as with th=
> other languages (see German, Spanish, etc.).

 It is indeed a french localization issue, where typo rules say that
 there must be a non-breakable space before colonsi (in fact, before
 every double ponctuation, like :;?!).

 This rule stand for standard paper writing, however, I don't know if
 it make sense to apply it to a web UI ?
 It is up to you ....

my 2 cents....
	(hope the original author won't be frustrated of my replying ;-) )

-ma

Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
DIGINEXT                                     http://mathieu.clabaut.free.fr
45, impasse de la draille, P.A. La Duranne,   tel: 04 42 90 82 91
13857 Aix En Provence - cedex 3               fax: 04 42 90 82 80