[dev] What to do?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 7 May 2002 23:30:59 -0600

Advice needed here.  To implement reading of encrypted and signed message,
RFC 2015 allows two ways.  One allows the encryption and signature to be
sent in the same singlepart message.  Easy enough, you pass the content
through gnupg and get the output.  However, it also has to implement the
way that IMP is sending the messages - namely you create a signed message
and then encrypt this entire message.  Thus, when decrypting the message,
you are left with a MIME_Part you need to parse.

Unfortunately, all the IMAP functions appear to work only with mailboxes -
you can not pass in a detached message at all.  Thus, I need some kind of
php-specific solution.  And I have found that solution, or something that
looks really good, in PEAR:

http://cvs.php.net/co.php/pear/Mail_Mime/mimeDecode.php?r=1.28

Unfortunately, this module does not come standard with php (it did not come
in my php-4.2.0 distribution anyway).  So what options do I have?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder