[dev] MIME Questions/Better Reply handling

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 8 May 2002 02:40:20 -0400

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> In general, I think the code for determining the reply text could be a
> lot, well, cooler for lack of a better term.  I personally think the
> text wrapping can look a lot better; an example of what i would like to
> see can be found at:
>
> http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/readme/fillpara.html

Someone implementing that would be _great_.

> Additionally, as has been pointed out to me, replying to non-text bodies
> can lead to varied results.  In so many words I guess I am saying that I
> will try to hack at this code and see if I can come up with anything
> better.  If anybody wants to see anything specific or, better yet, even
> submit some code :), speak now or forever hold your peace.

All you! Although, at one point I had written the reply-selection code
such that it looked for a text/plain part, and even did strip_tags() on an
html part if there were no plain parts... probably got lost in the
reinvention of the MIME code, but maybe it can be brought back. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
My intuitive grasp of mathmatics often leads me astray.