[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php imp/lib Folder.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:58:34 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> No, we decided to only use encoded folder names internally and decode
> them only if we present them in the ui. This commit fixed some places
> where we didn't follow this rule.
>
> It might be possible that it breaks things in another place but it has
> to be fixed there. Though I didn't find any place where it broke
> something.

IMP_Folder is a class for dealing with folder names. It is the proper place
to encode _new_ folder names - you removed the encoding in
IMP_Folder::create(), which would mean that users of the library - the rest
of IMP, and anything else - would be responsible for encoding the folders.
That's not the right way to do it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
My intuitive grasp of mathmatics often leads me astray.