[dev] Fetch Mail for IMP

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 12:36:31 -0700

Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno@co.eth.pt>:

> I did some testings with UW and Courier, but I can't prevent all scenarios.
> There are for sure some bugs, but we'll hunt them down with time :)

I put it on a machine with about 25 users this morning.  Most are using
IE to access either from Windows or mac.  We'll see what happens.

> } I have a couple of questions though
> }   1. Is there an option to not have to download all the
> }      mail each time I fetch.
>
> Currently now. If you check fetchmail's page, it's in the TODO list.

That to me is extremely important.  Do you have a plan for this?

> }   2. I was not able to delete the fetchmail preference after
> }      creating it.  I was able to modify it with no problem.
> }      Are you aware of this or should I investigate a bit?
>
> Hmmm...
> I just tested to delete some middle account with success, and tryed to create
> an
> account and delete it after with success too. Could you investigate it a bit,
> since I can't reproduce your scenario?

I sure will.  I don't know why but I have a feeling that it has something
to do with netscape6.  I'll try with a couple others and get back.

> } Thanks for contributing this application.
>
> Thanks for testing it.. :)

It's a pleasure.  It is an extremely practical addition to imp, IMO.

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology
          a "Griffin Plaza Partners, LLC" Company