[dev] Was the Fetchmail Commit complete

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 10:43:36 -0700

Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>:

> Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno@co.eth.pt>:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 14:23, Edwin Culp wrote:
> >

> > I can't understand.. Even after deleting the affected files and doing a
> > cvs update, you are saying that local files that you just updated differ
> > from the cvs ones?
>
> Yes, I'm cvsing again.  I must have something radically wrong.
Nuno,

I now know at least 1/2 my problem.  Did a rm -rf imp and then
a cvs co imp and recopied only my config, all brand new, same problem.
Fetch works great but fetches all mail irregardless of the new mail
check box.  I tried with a pop-up, without a pop-up but I realized
that I had never tried with imap because of speed and load.  Duh!
I switched to imap and it works perfectly except much slower and
with more load as I had expected.  Duh!  Now I know what my first
question should have been.  Does the "new mail only" feature work
with pop3?  I had thought about that because I have vague recollections
of Netscape mail loosing the pop3 index and repeating all your mails
but that has been a looooong time ago and I could be hallucinating:-)

Bottom line, I can live with IMAP:-) but if pop3 does work for you,
I'm back to the drawing board and I'm sure next time I will check
both and save a lot of time.  Oh well, yesterday was a holiday and
no sun so it could have been worse:-)

Thanks again, Nuno.

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology