[dev] Was the Fetchmail Commit complete

Nuno Loureiro nuno@co.eth.pt
28 May 2002 19:21:46 +0100

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 18:43, Edwin Culp wrote:
> Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>:
>
> I now know at least 1/2 my problem.  Did a rm -rf imp and then
> a cvs co imp and recopied only my config, all brand new, same problem.
> Fetch works great but fetches all mail irregardless of the new mail
> check box.  I tried with a pop-up, without a pop-up but I realized
> that I had never tried with imap because of speed and load.  Duh!
> I switched to imap and it works perfectly except much slower and
> with more load as I had expected.  Duh!  Now I know what my first
> question should have been.  Does the "new mail only" feature work
> with pop3?  I had thought about that because I have vague recollections
> of Netscape mail loosing the pop3 index and repeating all your mails
> but that has been a looooong time ago and I could be hallucinating:-)

Ohh! Now I can reproduce your problem...

In fact, it crossed my mind to ask you before, if you were trying IMAP
or POP3, but I checked the source and the code was exactly the same for
checking new email in IMAP and POP3, so I didn't think that could be the
problem..

I have no idea why it doesn't work with POP3.
I'll try to investigate tonight and say something about it tommorrow...
(hope to submit a patch for it)

Thanks again for your tests.

  nuno