[dev] Patch for Zip and Rar Mime Viewers

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:49:33 -0600

| Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:
|
| > In my case the php version is faster than the external binary... but
| > that's me on a win32 system....
|
| Between temp files and external program execution, it might be
| generalizeable. I'd say remove the external program code to simplify
| things.

I like being able to exactly control the information obtained via the PHP
code.  That was why I was planning to nuke the external program, especially
if mike's code can successfully read all gzip/tar/zip files.  This was the
same decision I made with the TNEF stuff - since Jan implemented it more or
less directly from the source code of the external viewer, there was no
need to support the external viewer anymore.

Additionally, I was thinking about possibly adding support to extract
individual files if PHP was built with --with-zip and/or zlib support.
This would not be a mandatory requirement for Horde/IMP; more of a "if you
have it, might as well use it" thing.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder