[dev] Problems with the new IMP_Message functions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:31:58 -0400

I don't have time to sort out the not going to the next message problem
right now, but it's worse than that; we've lost a bunch of subtleties in
here. For instance, unless:

1) A trash folder is being used
2) Hide Deleted is on
3) It's POP3

... then we shouldn't re-sort the entire mailbox when you delete (or
undelete) a message. The new code does, resulting in an awful lot of calls
to imap_sort() (or worse, imap_thread()). Also, when those conditions
aren't met, is when we ought to increment the array index when a message
has been deleted, so you don't see the same message over again (this is
with "move to next message" instead of "return to mailbox" set for the on-
delete preference, of course).

Anyways, this is my analysis; I've poked as much as I have time for tonight.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in