[dev] Re: [Webstract-devel] phpWebLog / Horde framework

Jason Hines jch@eyeintegrated.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:25:07 -0400

Tony Williams wrote:
> > Someone recently mentioned the idea of porting phpWebLog into the Horde
> > framework.  (Sorry, I can't remember who it was, but if you're on this
> > list, please speak up)
> >
> > Well, after reviewing Horde's documentation and browsing through various
> > CVS sources, I agree.  phpWebLog is a perfect candidate for such a
> > port.  Basically, I'd like to work through the design issues, setup a
> > CVS module, and to help maintain this effort, IF there is such a need.
> >

> Jason,
>
> I'll be in it. I've had a good hard look at binary cloud and feel it is too
> big for most things I'll ever do and Webstract is going to be a beast to
> build from scratch. I've had a look at Horde and it seems a much closer fit
> to my future needs and a port of phpWebLog too it would be a good start.

I've successfully installed Horde from CVS, along with all the modules.
It's very impressive, and configurable to say the least.

However, I was under the impression that it was a generic framework for
websites, not specifically groupware.  From first glance, it reminds me
of phpGroupWare.

I'd like to know how and if it is possible to configure Horde for
public/non-groupware related sites.  (Thus, bypassing the login
requirement)

It would be nice if one could simply set a default application as the
front page, and the system would provide menus to accessing the other
installed modules.

jason