[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib IMP.php imp compose.php contacts.php fetchmail.php fetchmailprefs.php filters.php folders.php identitie s.php mailbox.php message.php pgp.php prefs.php search.php view.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:42:24 -0400

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

>   Log:
>   Move compression start/stop code to IMP::.

I think this should probably be reverted; at least it needs fixing. As is,
it means that any pages on which we don't explicitly check auth -
admittedly, not many in IMP, but there are some on which Auth::getAuth()
should be enough - won't be compressed.

It also breaks printing from NS4 again - take another look at
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/message.php?r1=2.369&r2=2.370&ty=h and
note the $printer_friendly check which is now no longer done. I don't
remember if there were other pages with similar checks.

Oh, now I see the bit in PRINT_MESSAGE that handles that - is that tested
and working?

I guess it gets three lines out of the main .php files, but how much of a
gain is that? Does it really make things _easier_ and better organized? Or
does it hide functionality in a non-obvious way?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>