[dev] Mailbox or folder?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:09:14 -0600

We are not very consistent (at least it appears that way to me) in
distinguishing between "folder" and "mailbox" in IMP.  Aren't they the same
thing?  Or am I missing something?

Personally, I have been using "mailbox" because this seems to be the IMAP
vernacular for the object (e.g. all IMAP documentation refers to mailboxes,
not folders.)  However... prominent icons in IMP lead to the "Folder list"
and "Open Folder".

I realize this is just a simple case of semantics, and there hasn't
appeared to be a whole heck of a lot of confusion over this point, but I
think that some kind of standardization is needed.

Can't wait for the feedback on this...

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder