[dev] Praise and questions

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:49:29 +0200

Zitat von Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>:

> I have recently migrated to the CVS versions of the horde stuff, and am
> running into some problems.  My PEAR is not up to date, and I can't seem
> successfully upgrade the PEAR module proper, i.e. it shows up in
> horde.test
> as "NOT RECENT", which "pear list" supports, listing  PEAR as 0.91-dev,

> Going to pear.php.net, I find that 0.91-dev is the LATEST version of the
> pear core package - so what's up?

The PEAR version detection that we used to have doesn't work anymore with
the new PEAR framework. If I remember correctly this was already fixed in
CVS but PEAR 0.91 does definitely work.

> Also, it appears that the CVS versions of some Horde modules (i.e. Turba,
> Herrmes) are using conf.xml files INSTEAD of conf.php files, and the
> framework returns an error upon attempting to access said modules,
> regarding the missing conf.php files...  So, it seems that we are moving
> towards XML based configuration, which is great, but I must be missing
> something in my PHP configuration if I've used the above PHP rpm.  That's
> fine, I can upgarde PHP, and configure it locally, but I seem to need
> some
> modules in addition to the one's mentioned in the horde/INSTALL file,
> such
> as --with-dom, --with-xml, etc.

--with-dom should be enough to use our new configuration system (but you
still need --with-xml for the help system). The conf.xml files won't replace
the conf.php files but the conf.php.dist files.
The configuration is now generated for those application from the admin pages.

Jan.