[dev] Share Class for Horde + Kronolith Patch

Joel Vandal jvandal@subi.to
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:02:30 -0400

> Just a fiew questions :-) and a bug....
> bug:
> in Share.php half the time you use $this->_params['table'] the other half
it's
> hard coded. It would be nice to have them all from the params array.

Ok, I have fix it and put it at
http://www.courriels.com/patches/share/Share.php.gz

> questions:
> share_type - what are the options for this and what do they represent?

0 : private
1 : shared
2 : public (currently not implemented)

(ref: kronolith/templates/share/head.inc)

> share:: does this have to be an sql driver? the quick look i've had at it
so far
> suggests that it could also you the categories system like Perms:: and
Groups::
> already do.

I think that is possible to use other driver that sql but since Category::
currently use only sql and I never play w/ ldap, I don't write other driver
but in futur, lib/Share/sql.php and/or lib/Share/ldap.php can be created.

> members:: what does this class do? doesn't the groups system store the
members
> for a share, as a new group is created for each share.

Yes Share:: store members for the share but Members:: allow to
add/remove/edit members for the specified shares.

> I think most of the UI in kronolith is pretty good...

> If we can sort out the horde side of things (Share:: and Members::) and
commit
> to either sql or categories we should be able to work the rest out in CVS.

My goal is to see this patch include in the official CVS tree.

--
Joel Vandal
Infoteck Internet