[dev] Calender Management Bug

Robin Johnson robbat2@orbis-terrarum.net
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:44:16 -0700

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
Hi List,

My girlfriend, in exploring the new shared calender system, just pointed
out a bug to me.

She had all her events on the default 'My Calender'. The majority of the
events were here class lectures, so she renamed the 'My Calender' to
'Amethest - School' and moved the other events out to two seperate
calenders 'Amethest - Private' and 'Amethest - Social'.

She set her 'Amethest - Private' calender to private and the 'Amethest -
Social' calender to shared. She went to try and share the 'Amethest -
School' calender, but the dropdown box refuses to allow that. I tried
changing the share_type attribute in the backend, but the Calender
management still does not allow access to the Member List for the
calender.

Examining the code, I see two possible solutions:
1. (Workaround option) Stop the user from renaming 'My Calender' as well, a=
nd possibly display little lock icons or disable some of the input boxes to=
 properly
note that those details of the calender cannot be changed.
2. (Proper fix) Set things up so any calender can be changed etc.

HTH

--=20
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@orbis-terrarum.net