[dev] Small patch for horde/templates/prefs/select.inc

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:05:34 +0200

I'd like to suggest another option, although I don't know how easy it is to
implement. and that is with the active option, but then using a level. This
then equating to what privilege a user might have.

In other words that in a users table you could have guest = 0 normal user =
1... administrator = 8 etc. and then depending on what level a user might
be, equates to what he can, or cannot see / use.

maybe the 'level' of any module being defined in registry.php

the show menu then still functioning as before, but only showing an option
in the menu if user has rights for that item.

tim.

Wednesday, September 11, 2002, 5:47:26 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

CH> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

>> So, could there be a third attribute to do this function?  And what would
>> it be called.  I have no idea -- I'm just trying to make a case for this
>> third possible configuration.  (In truth, I won't be crushed if chora
>> showed up somewhere -- my main motivation for it now showing is just so
>> people don't see it and ask what it is).

CH> I'd really rather avoid a third attribute; if we're going to do this right,
CH> I think we should condense this into one option. Something like:

'status' =>> 'active', 'inactive', 'nomenu', or 'hidden'.

CH> Better names for any of those are welcome. 'active' and 'inactive' would be
CH> just that; 'nomenu' would mean not on the horde menu, but fine elsewhere,
CH> and 'hidden' would be active, but not showing up in any lists.

CH> Maybe this would make everyone happy?

CH> -chuck

CH> --
CH> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
CH> "After a few minutes the most aromatic and nice smelling Italian coffee
CH>  will come out of the exhaustpipe." - Our stove-top espresso pot

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +44 (0)7785 977 087 Fax +44 (0)20 7681 1178
mailto:email@teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in: Barcelona, Spain.