[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config registry.php.dist midas/graphics midas.gif

Wed Oct 16 04:57:12 PDT 2002

> I waffle between expecting more out of people who use stuff out of HEAD
> CVS, and wishing I could spend a week on the website. I'll see what I can
> do.

Yeah, I know.  My problem comes from some recent modules (to remain nameless)
that are in CVS, often in registry.php.dist, but have no README file, no
description in docs/, and no info on the web pages.   Maybe there is an
announcement going to a list I'm not on, but I kind of doubt it.

So I see all the activity on the cvs@ list, but have no idea what it is about.
No idea if I want to do a co and help develope it.  So I end up having to
email the author of the module and ask what it is, which is no doubt a
waste of their time and possibly annoying to them...

So, if we don't want to add them to the web pages, we should at least make
an effort to make sure every module in CVS has a README that describes it
even if only a one-liner.

That's my $0.02 at least.  Ignore it if you disagree...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!