[dev] adding a new sub-group gives 'NEW' was not created: DB Error: constraint violation.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Dec 6 16:05:50 2002

I am using the latest cvs HEAD from about 30 minutes ago on this machine.
Yesterday, after updating from cvs I began to see some issues with categories
and shared resources.  It may have started when I updated the categories
table a few days ago, but I'm not sure because it was only noticable with
new entries.  I am taking advantage of this problem to clean my mysql
database and dropped and recreated horde directly from the latest scripts
for each application.  I have not restored any old information.
So, starting completely clean I go into admin/groups and try to create a
new group and get the following error.

 'NEW' was not created: DB Error: constraint violation.

When this happens to me, I've almost always done something dumb.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated. From what I can tell this is an error
from PEAR but it is totally unfamiliar to me.  I've done some searching
on Google but nothing that I can apply in this case.

Thanks for your help,

ed